From: Elfyn McBratney [mailto:elfyn@exposure.org.uk]
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 5:59 PM
To: cygwin; Melonie Brown
Subject: Re: Setting up cvs on Windows 2000

> The problem is in trying to set up my system to behave as a cvs server

> with pserver.  If I do a "telnet localhost 2401", I get "connected to
> [computername] Escape character is '^]'.
> Connection closed by foreign host"

When you telnet to port 2401 (the pserver) your not supposed to actually
get a login prompt like telnet or ftp gives you. The pserver will just
wait for the auth protocol. What happens when you try `cvs -d
:pserver:USER@SERVER:/path/to/cvsroot login'?

If that doesn't work you may have a mis-configuration... How did you set
up inetd? Here's my cvspserver directive in inetd.conf:

  cvspserver stream tcp nowait root /usr/bin/cvs cvs
--allow-root=/repos/cvs pserver

Also have you added the following to your
C:WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\services?

  cvspserver       2401/tcp

Elfyn
elfyn@exposure.org.uk