Re: COM port setup

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Paul Munden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm hoping you could help me. I'm using CYGWIN to run some SMS tools and
> the tools config files need setting up to add the details of which com port
> I'm using. Basically I just need to know how I would go about creating the
> com4 object in /dev so that it does actually point at the com port as when
> installed, CYGWIN came with no /dev or any example of how I would setup the
> com object.
>
> Any help appreciated
> Paul.

Paul,

/dev is a virtual directory on Cygwin, just like /proc or /cygdrive.  You
should still be able to access /dev/com4.  You can create a real /dev
directory, but I don't think you can actually get a list of the devices
there using "ls" (not yet, at least.  Perhaps when Christopher Faylor's
mknod code comes out).  You can "ls" any individual device, though...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune