Instalation Problems and First Run

I had a problem with installing it at 1/15/03.

When the install program asked me if I wanted to make a shortcut to the
desktop, I choose yes.  Then I ran the short cut and it gave me a, "Must
shutdown all programs and restart in msdos.  Do you want to proceed?"
message.  So I choose yes, and it rebooted.  The strange thing is that
when it restarted in msdos mode it gave me a strange message.  It said:
"

Load DosKEY

WARNING: The LOCK command enables direct disk access by programs
that can CORRUPT file names and/or DESTROY disk data, resulting in the
loss of files on your disk.

Are you sure (Y/N)?

and when I choose either yes or no, my comp reboots and ask me the same
question.  I can't even get to windows.  The only way that I can
actually get to windows is through safe mode or by doing step-by-step

Dos = Single
Lock
C:/windows/command e####\c:/C:/cygwin/cygwin.bin
(or something close to it and the #### are numbers that I forgot)
Some path/wx

Can anyone help me or tell me how to get rid of it, because I try
deleting it once and it still gave me the same problems over and over
again.  I redownloaded it and waiting for a solution.