From: Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:30:24 -0000
To: lhall@rfk.com, rsiklos@adexa.com, cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: accessing network shares through rlogin

lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com wrote:
> Sounds like there's need for code inspection and a possible patch.

Isn't the consensus that this is an unavoidable artefact of the way Windows
authentication works?

To summarize:
rsh/ssh daemons run as SYSTEM, which has permission to hand out
authentication tokens as it sees fit within the local machine, but since
those tokens have no password info attached, they are no good for
authenticating to other machines over the network.

> That's the only idea I can offer that doesn't rely on allot of
> conjecture (which would be of no value).

No conjecture necessary? Or is my summary based on conjecture?