Re: Cron Problems

Thanks. However, where can I find the options of cron? Now I only find some info in /usr/doc/Cygwin/cron.README, but only in the ChangeLog section, which I ignored on the first reading!

And what is the use of the option -a?

Best regards,

Wu Yongwei

--- Original Message from Elfyn McBratney ---

> 2) How to start cron when starting the computer? I tried running it
> as a service in cygrunsrv (cygrunsrv -I cron -p /usr/sbin/cron), but
> failed since starting the service always failed (cron : Win32 Process
> Id = 0x3F8 : Cygwin Process Id = 0x3F8 : starting service `cron'
> failed: execv: 0, No error.) but the process cron appeared.

Your problem is that your not passing the -D (Do not kill off parent
process; which allows cron to be used by the service manager) option. So you need to append `-a -D' to your cygrunsrv line when installing cron.

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney