Re: Setup hangs repetedly

Oh, Chris,

Face it. The whole concept of software is pre-alpha and definitely not for the faint of heart. But just imagine the songs and epic poems that will be written to honor us, the brave pioneers of these first, archaic, nay even dangerous computers. Will anybody remember the cowards who couldn't even brave a simple Cygwin installation without running screaming in terror? Of course not.

Now, back to my battle with the omnipresent demons of information chaos. They lurk everywhere!

Randall

At 10:49 2003-02-01, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 02:05:37PM +0000, Colin Harrison wrote:
>I'm getting the same sort of problems:-
>compress+bz::error calls + blank chooser lines and various hangs.
>I've removed cygwin as its too alpha for my use.

Phew.  That's a relief.  With this attitude, I can only imagine the
scenario when it was time to set up ssh or change the prompt in bash.
Brrrr...

cgf