From: gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org]On Behalf Of
Kelley Cook
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 11:15 PM
To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: GCC 3.3-Signal 11

[This followup was posted to gmane.comp.gcc.devel and a copy
was sent to the cited author.]

In article <MPG.18acf893146192bc989686@news.gmane.org>,
KelleyCook=Wuw85uim5zDR7s880joybQ@public.gmane.org says...
> It's not a GCC problem.
>
> Cygwin 1.3.19 added in support for vasprintf (previously GCC
> would use the version included in libiberty).
>
> Unfortunately, Cygwin's (actually newlib's) vasprintf is not
> quite right and it bombs under certain circumstances.
> Supposedly that bug has been corrected, but it still crashes
> for me with the Feb 3rd cygwin snapshot.

Namely since after checking the changelog that particular
patch wasn't put in until the Feb 5th snapshot.

It works now.

Kelley Cook