strange mv behavior: mv <mydir> <mydir>

I stumbled onto this trying to rename a dir from
"Mydir" to "mydir" (w/o capital "M")

> mv Mydir mydir
	starts copying "Mydir" into Mydir/mydir.

But it's not just the 'caps' that are the issue since:

> mv mydir mydir
	will start copying mydir into itself

	On lnx, I get:
mv: cannot move `mydir' to a subdirectory of itself, `mydir/mydir'

Shouldn't I get a similar error on Windows?

	Note to do the original, desired mv, I can use:
> mv Mydir foo; mv foo mydir

	Which (unfortunately), would be correct windows behavior since
you can't rename a file or dir to a different name that varies only
in capitalization (ignore case "feature").

The problem is 'mv' isn't recognizing that source and target are
the same name (even when case matches), so it is behaving like 'cp'.

linda