Re: Big Problem about keyboard/mapping

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 04:14:25PM +0200, riku@titanix.net wrote:
>no you don't understanded my question, read all before starting redirect.
>look my main question!
>
>--------
>MAIN QUESTION:
>Last choice is modifying cygwin itself keymap to layout FI. So how i
>change that on cygwin CONSOLE?
>--------
>
>sorry but i did not asken anything about X. i only writted like faq says
>(to write all to give much information as possible)

You're asking me to accept your premise that xmodmap doesn't help.
Sorry, but I don't believe you.

AFAICT, you have an X-based problem here.  Use the cygwin-xfree mailing
list for help.

As far as Cygwin is concerned, there is no "mapping" performed by cygwin.
It uses whatever Windows offers.  The code in fhandler_console.cc controls
how some keystrokes are handled but I doubt that is what you want.  You
want to use X mechanisms to solve your problem.