Re: The humble <DEL> and other editing keys

Lee,

We don't approve of all that humor hereabouts.

This one _is_ documented in the BASH manual page. Here's the binding I use:

"\M-[3~": delete-char # Delete

When you find this Readline action in the BASH manual page, you'll find all the other goodies you can program into BASH's handling of interactive input.

I'll also offer the hint that not all terminal emulators send the same sequence for a given key, but in this case both of the two common ones for Cygwin users, the console (character subsystem windows as presented by Cygwin) and RXVT generate the same sequence.

Randall Schulz

P.S. Thank you for leading me to a new word.