Re: Bash shell

> Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > Hello, Fellow Curmudgeons,
> >
> > I think we're really getting the tag-team meanness down to a fine art,
> > aren't we?
> >
> > Or is it "good cop / bad cop?"
> >
> > It has recently come to my attention that some people think the Cygwin
> > list is exceptionally unfriendly to the uninitiated. Of course, I'd just
> > like to think we hold a higher standard.
>

> Here, here! :-)  I should point out that there are all kinds of opinions
> out there.  While some might feel this list is unfriendly, others think
> the reverse is the case.  I just had some email today from someone new
> who posted to the list and wanted to send my response onto other lists
> as an example of a "professional" response.  I'm sure the fact that this
> person chose my response is completely coincidental.  There are certainly
> lots of examples of great, friendly help from this list.  I see it
> everyday.

Well, I try ;-)

> I don't want to start a flame war on this subject but I just thought this
> was an opportunity for me to pass on some positive feedback to all those
> who take some of their own time to provide support to this community.

I think that's the exact way of putting it. Most people here help out
voluntarily. My style lacks and most of the time I hit the send button
rather quickly but I try and help because a year or so ago I was asking the
same kinda questions that could have been found in the archives, user's
guide or faq.

I've been on other lists where all you woulda got was a "wtf?" response
which is a little on the rude side for new users. Don't see many of those
here tho...

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney
elfyn@exposure.org.uk