Re: Newbie problems

Daniel Elenius wrote:
I just installed cygwin, and everything seemed to work fine during installation. I installed quite a lot of packages, including binutils (and almost all other devel packages) and all the base packages. I seem to missing some important stuff though. For example, I don't have 'less' or 'ldd'. What can I have done wrong?
You didn't use the available resources to answer your questions.
cygwin.com has lots of documentation (FAQ, User's Guide, email
archives) and lots of useful pages (like <cygwin.com/packages>,
which will answer your questions here).  Also don't forget to
consult documentation under /usr/doc and /usr/doc/Cygwin locally.
I think you'll find these resources answer allot of your "newbie"
questions.