Re: MANPATH Problems

> > AFAIK there's some new "detect stale group and passwd" code that detects
> > change and changes your user/group name accordingly. If you
> > update the file
> > anyway, as sid or gid may have changed, and see if that helps.
> What would I have to type on the command line to get this new detection
code
> executed?

Sorry, reading what I said what a bit in the details-lacking variety :-)
What I meant was that cygwin1.dll now detects when the information in
/etc/passwd and /etc/group is stale (?). So if your username or group name
is set to mkpasswd or mkgroup that's the user's alert to update those that
file or files. The code isn't executed by mkpasswd or mkgroup, it's part of
the kernel, cygwin1.dll .

Did updating the your /etc/group fix your problem?

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney
elfyn at exposure dot org dot uk
www.exposure.org.uk