Re: letters of the path have returned in numbers? Any idea why?

Great! I tested your suggestion with
startx -e bash
and it corrected the paths as the previous defaults.
I am not going to use rxvt and I have uninstalled it, unless someone will tell
any extra use of it compared with X-term.
Thanks,
Aldi