Re: file name case sensitivity

Hi Elfyn,

No. You can use the check_case option in the CYGWIN environment variable,
but that'll only get you half way to what you want. Take a look at
(<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html>) to see how it works
and how to use it.

Thanks for that. As you predict, check_case can't undo the evil that is causing my problem in the first place.

My loathing goes in equal measures to Microsoft for failing after 20 years to support case-sensitive file names, and whomever it was in the linux dev group who decided it would be a good idea to duplicate some files but only change the filename capitalisation... bleughhh... the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if it was deliberate to kybosh those working under Windows... :O

Cheers,

John