Distributed Compilation

Have you folks seen/tried this...

<http://distcc.samba.org/>

"distcc is a program to distribute compilation of
 C or C++ code across several machines on a network.
 distcc should always generate the same results as a
 local compile, is simple to install and use, and is
 often two or more times faster than a local compile.

 distcc does not require all machines to share a
 filesystem, have synchronized clocks, or to have the
 same libraries or header files installed. Machines
 can be running different operating systems, as long
 as they have compatible binary formats or
 cross-compilers."

It even works (according to the docs) with ccache,
so it shouldn't recompile anything it doesn't need
too.

Apparently it also compiles OOTB for cygwin, so if
no-one beats me to this I'll try and package it up
in the next few weeks.

J.