Re: Cannot start program after installation

Install cygwin just by choosing 'install from internet'

I have tried to start cygwin by using the short cut in the 'start/program'
of the windows
Also I have tried to run it by using MS dos and executing the cygwin.bat in
the /cygwin/
Both gives me the same result:
'bash' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

I have check I do have the folder c:\cygwin\bin
Will it be because of the bash.exe being missing from the bin?
I have tried to download the bash-2.05b-8-src.tar.bz2 and
bash-2.05b-7.tar.bz2 from the mirror site, and after downloading it I have
uncompressed it  by using winrar first then winzip. I set the uncompress
path to the /cygwin/
But then another error occurs.
When I run the program there comes a dialogue box with title" bash.exe -
cannot find component"
This applicable program cannot not be executed, because cygwin1.dll is not
found, reinstalling the applicable program may solve this problem.

I have tried reinstalling cygwin, but this problem still exist.