Re: setup.exe: something besides C++?

Steve Coleman wrote:

But then with all the recent requests for new Cygwin setup.exe features I do think there might be a use for something like the CPAN.pm package that would allow these people to script their own automatic updates or to add new custom features as required for their specific needs. No setup.exe is going to satisfy everybody, so perhaps a CYGWIN.pm ??

I am one of the ones who would like to make install enhancements for my own use -- unattended installs for example -- but the existing code is not easy for me to figure out... -- Joe Buehler