Re: setup.exe is too small

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

> Max Bowsher wrote:
>
> >> It's amazing to me how people can't see this!
> >
> > We can. However, we too have significant shortages of free time.
>
> OK and I fully expected that you guys were also busy. However I do not
> see the need to bash (or is that /bin/bash :-)) somebody else because
> they request a fix. Not everybody bashes but some seem to. It is those
> people who I suspect lose sight of this.

Andrew,

Noone is bashed for requesting a feature.  At least the first few times.
:-)  But when a feature is requested a couple of times a month
independently by many people, it gets a bit tedious to reply "it's being
worked on (in our copious free time)" [this is not to say that I'm the one
working on it].  People requesting features should first check whether
that feature has been requested, so as to avoid rehashing the obvious --
that's elementary politeness.  Perhaps we should have a "known bugs/issues
for setup" document somewhere, with "resizable package chooser window" in
its well-deserved prime spot.
	Igor
P.S. Oh, boy, did I just volunteer? :-|  Well, when I have the time...
P.P.S. BTW, the above suggestion requires no technical skills or learning
curve, other than the ability to search the list and summarize.  Anyone
care to shoulder the responsibility? ;-)
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune