RE: sudo and runas

jon at shuttle (.../jon/tmp) % su root
Password:
su: cannot run /bin/bash: Permission denied

(I've renamed 'Administrator' as 'root' in /etc/passwd)

jon at shuttle (/home/jon) % su dba
Password:
su: cannot set user id: Permission denied

('dba' is another user under windows, exclusively for running
PostgreSQL)

I'm beginning to wonder if my Cygwin installation is cursed...

jon.