RE: sudo and runas

> At 14:22 2003-03-06, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> >Randall R Schulz wrote:
> >
> >>To Whom It May Concern,
> >>
> >>Beware programmers named after Roman gods with eyes (and faces) on
> >>both sides of their head bearing pre-compiled software. He sees the
> >>outside _and_ inside! Get it? He's trying to see inside your system
> >>even while he seems to be looking the other way.
> >>
> >>Pretty slick, Chris!

Oh *I* get it now!  "January", as in the Roman god "Januaricus" (spelled back
then with Roman numerals of course), had two faces.  The joke then is that
*Chris* January, descendent of this Roman god of programmers (they used punch
cards back then I believe), is really *duping* the OP into revealing his PC's
innermost secrets by distributing in binary form a... dare I say it... Trojan
<Dr.-Evil-pinky-to-lip-thing>?

> >>(I'm trying to lay off Van Sickle for a while. He's too easy.)

Nah, I have to admit, that one wasn't that easy for me.

> >Care to elaborate a little bit.
>

> Any joke that requires elaboration is in fact not a joke at all.
>
> Better luck (to me) next time.

Uh-uh-uh there Rands, always remember the Second Rule Of Hi-Larity: "When you
got lemons, you make lemonade"  (q.v. how I salvaged it above with the
Hi-larious rewrite of history).  I think I picked that up on APHC in fact...;-)

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.