Re: setup.exe is too small

I can't agree.  Take it in context with what was written.  The "fix it
yourself" response was in response to a somewhat rude request that a
problem be fixed.  It had words like "For the love of open source"
"what is the hold up?" and "I'm dying here".

I don't think newbie should necessarily mean clueless and demanding
but that is how the original post came across to me.

Remember, we are giving you gifts.  Cygwin is a gift.  The response to a
gift is "Thank you" not "Yeah, yeah.  Now I want more, when's it
coming?"

We're human, too.  When someone seems demanding after having been given
a gift it tends to rub us the wrong way.

cgf

Since you are often the voice for us lurkers and occasional patch contributors, thank you, Christopher, for a well put and well reasoned response that sums up the whole thread.

--
Jason Dufair - jase at dufair dot org
http://www.dufair.org/