Re: links does not work und windows Programm

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 10:50:37AM +0100, fj_br_ at web dot de wrote:
> So Excel thinks that the Symbolic link is a File and not a Link.

Bad luck.  That's not under our control, obviously.

> A link made by Windows Explorere is not usable in cygwin.

That's by design.  An Explorer link contains more information than just
the path to the target.  So, if Cygwin considers an Explorer link as
symlink, you couldn't e. g. tar it up without loss since untar'ing
would just restore the path information but not the icon, the working
directory, the stratup info, etc., etc., ...

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.