--auth ssh with fetchmail-6.2.2.1 (was Chmod not working on Win98

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Jason Tishler wrote:

> Greg,

> On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 10:48:12PM +0800, Greg Matheson wrote:

> > [snip]

> > The error I get is:

> > $ fetchmail
> > fetchmail: client/server protocol error while fetching from 140.126.111.5
> > fetchmail: Query status=4 (PROTOCOL)

> > When I comment out the # auth ssh section in my fetchmailrc, it
> > starts working again.

> > But the --auth ssh option on the command line fails with the following:

> > fetchmail: mailbox selection failed
> > fetchmail: client/server synchronization error while fetching from mail.chinmin.edu.tw
> > fetchmail: client/server protocol error while fetching from mail.chinmin.edu.tw
> > fetchmail: Query status=4 (PROTOCOL)

> > I can ssh into the shell account on the server.

> The above is a very different from what you originally posted.  Sorry,
> but you will have to debug this yourself because I do not have the
> necessary environment to do so myself.

Yeh, I feel pretty silly about saying the problem is chmod not
working with Win98, but I never wanted authentication, so I'm OK
as I am.

--
Greg Matheson           It was said a million monkeys on a million typewriters
Dr Bean's Penpal Pool   would eventually write the works of Shakespeare.