Re: allocating large amounts of memory fails

Michel G rimminck wrote:
I have been trying to run my application under cygwin 1.3.22, but I
have some problems with memory allocation with malloc() under
gnuC.

I have set heap_chunk_in_mb to 4095 in order to assign cygwin more
memory. But for some reason I can not allocate more than 1536 Mb.

My system contains 1.3 Gb physical and 1.7 Gb virtual memory (together 3
Gb)

I have read about similar problems in this newsgroup, were somebody
suggested that these problems were possibly introduced in version
1.3.13.

Is possible to download and install an older versions of cygwin?

Not really. The mirrors only keep 2 versions, curr and prev. That's it.

-Rolf