problem with latex provided with cygwin

hi

Has anybody encountered problems with latex provided
with cygwin_NT-5.0? I am experiencing following
problem: I have a file texfile.tex. After running
latex on it many times - say ten when I run it for the
next time it doesn't compile the file and gives an
error at the \begin{document} line. If I copy the file
to file2.tex and run latex file2.tex it compiles
without any problems. Also I have noticed even after
compiling a file if I do a ps it lists tex.exe - this
does not seem ok to me.

sid