Re: Trouble running agetty

Yes, I did, as described below, when running terminal emulator on both sides characters typed on one side are displayed on the other.

pa

On 4/29/2003 10:54 PM, sos wrote :
Did you try to check the communication with Hyperterminal on NT side?

Sergey Okhapkin
Somerset, NJ

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf
Of Petr Andrs
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 4:45 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Trouble running agetty

Really nobody knows how to connect serial terminal into cygwin?

pa

On 4/27/2003 10:59 PM, Petr Andrs wrote :

Hi all,

I want to use old PC with DOS as a terminal connected via serial null
modem cable to Win2K machine with cygwin. But when I launch agetty in
Cygwin and terminal emulator on DOS box I don't see anything in the
terminal and agetty quits after short while being completely silent. I

don't know what to do since there is no indication of problem, just
nothing happens.

I tried following agetty configurations.

/sbin/agetty /dev/ttyS0 9600
/sbin/agetty /dev/ttyS0 9600
/sbin/agetty -L /dev/ttyS0 9600
/sbin/agetty -L -T vt100 /dev/ttyS0 9600
/sbin/agetty -L -T vt100 -8 -1 -N /dev/ttyS0 9600

COM1 port in both WIN and DOS box is set to 8N1 9600, when running
terminal emulators on both ends (Hyperterminal on Win and comit on

DOS)

letters go through, so wiring is OK.

Configuration listing is attached.

pa