Re: sshd and other daemons

Igor, et al --

...and then Igor Pechtchanski said...
%
% On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, David T-G wrote:
%
% > Excellent.  I'll have to get it unpacked and installed on his machine, of
% > course, unless an answer to my other post is forthcoming, but I can read
% > and learn.
%
% Whoa there!  Unpacking is part of the installation process if you use
% setup.exe to install...  You *are* planning to use setup.exe, aren't you?

Yes :-)  I should have said "unpacked/installed and then configured" or
something like that.  I expect I'll need to generate host keys at the
very least.

%
% > [snip]
% > % add sshd to the startup sequence, running as one of the users on the
% >
% > Ah.  Now is that the autoexec.bat DOS startup or the Win Startup folder?
%
% Scheduled tasks...

Gotcha.

%
% > % machine (probably the one who's logged in).  You will also need to add a
% >
% > How does one make a program run as a particular user?  Hmmm...
%
% Not sure, I don't normally use Win9x...

Given that it's just 9x, it may not need it; I'll take the Scheduler
route and see where it leads me.

Thanks again & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@justpickone.org * society and not sufficient moral courage.