This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: make problem=> "cannot open crt0.o"
- From: "Cliff Hones" <cliff at aonix dot co dot uk>
- To: "Rafael Junior" <laptop_buyer2003 at yahoo dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 12:19:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: make problem=> "cannot open crt0.o"
- Organization: Aonix Europe Ltd.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Rafael Junior wrote:
> Now I have another error that I have not been able to
> solve after doing research on the internet. I get the
> following error:
> gcc -c -O myfopen.c
> + gcc -O -ansi -o buildhash buildhash.o hash.o
> makedent.o parse.o myfopen.o
> cannot open crt0.o: No such file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [buildhash] Error 1
> There is some problem with crt0.o not being present in
> my system. I searched for the file and *is not
> installed*, so I guess I will have to install it
Using the package search facility (at http://cygwin.com/packages)
you would discover that crt0.o is part of the cygwin package - so
should be present (in /usr/lib) in any successfully installed
Cygwin system. The first thing to try is to use setup.exe to
reinstall the cygwin package. If this doesn't solve your
problem follow the instructions at http://cygwin.com/problems.html.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html