This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Why isnt mysql "native" to cygwin
- From: Shankar Unni <shankar at cotagesoft dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 09:27:29 -0700
- Subject: Re: Why isnt mysql "native" to cygwin
- References: <email@example.com>
I've searched back thru a load of threads, and found much hassle with installing
mysql, but why isn't part of setup in the same way as postgres??
Probably because there's a well-maintained native port of MySQL, so
there's less incentive for someone to volunteer to be an official
maintainer of a full cygwin mysql.
Unfortunately, the good folks at mysql still ship a binary "mysqlc"
that's supposedly a cygwin build of the mysql command-line tool, but
it's linked against the ancient b19 (!!!), and they ship a binary
cygwinb19.dll without sources in apparent violation of the GPL..
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html