This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin survey: Next vim version with perl support?
- From: Andrew DeFaria <ADeFaria at Salira dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 09:40:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: Cygwin survey: Next vim version with perl support?
- References: <20030430083411.GR19711@cygbert.vinschen.de> <20030430094847.GE52453@justpickone.org> <20030430100121.GV19711@cygbert.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030502072352.GA31703@cygbert.vinschen.de>
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:35:26PM -0700, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
I think what's left out is what exactly does this Perl support do?
If you dn't know it, you probably don't need it. ;-)
You do not know that! I use vim. I write Perl. Perhaps it would be
useful for me.
Actually I don't use it, too. Basically it adds sort of a perl
scripting capability to vim, including new perl functions to
manipulate the running vim by using VIM::foo functions. Just start vim
and type ":help perl".
Interesting, perhaps useful. Probaby not worth making the dependency.
Again, couldn't it be optional? IOW if Perl is present then the
functions work otherwise they do not?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html