Re: Wish list, Poll & Form

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 11:15:36AM -0700, Biju G C wrote:
>If v hav a forum, where users can add/submit feature request (A Wish
>list) and other can vote on it.  That will be a good guidence to
>developers.
>
>I dont think it will be difficult.  As phpBB and all have it.

Yeah, like the old cygwin todo list which was primarily used by people
to send "qasdf" messages, to ask for things that already existed "I
think that cygwin should include an 'ls' command", to report bugs "I
can't setup ssh!!!!", "me toos" like "I need ipv6, too!!!", and to offer
obvious setup requests "I think setup should be resizable".

We had the cygwin to-do list running for three years and we probably got
only a handful of useful items from it, not counting the entries from
Corinna or me.  Weigh this against the constant stream of moronic
commentary and I don't think it was worth it.  That's why I removed
to-do list access a month or two ago.

Now, I just have the "Please remove, from your archives, my email
address, phone number, and social security number which I stupidly put
in my message to cygwin at cygwin dot com" messages to deal with along
with the "Please unssucirbe" messages and the requests from mirror sites
which are already in the mirrors list to be added to the mirrors list.

So put me down for feature request/todo -- no thanks.  I'm not going
through that again.

>NB: Not the way "Cygwin survey: Next vim version with perl support?"
>    was done it will flood the archives, and seaching old mails
>    difficult. In this case my opinion would be an offlist reply
>    to Corinna Vinschen is better.

In my opinion, Corinna would have been answering the same questions
multiple times.  That's what a mailing list is for.  I found the
survey pretty interesting.  I wouldn't mind seeing more of it.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org