This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ls Mis-reporting size of large files
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"Greg McCrory" <greg at coolbrew dot com>
- Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 03:55:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: ls Mis-reporting size of large files
- References: <email@example.com>
> For files greater than 2gb, ls is mis-reporting the size.
> cygwin's ls reports:
> -rw-rw-rw- 1 gmc Administ 18446744071805532160 May 3 10:22
> What is that, some 18+ exabytes? I can only dream of a hard drive that big
Cygwin doesn't currently support files larger than ~2GB, although support
for large files is being worked on.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html