This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: how to mass rename files?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Ray Chuan <rctay1989 at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 06:50:04 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: how to mass rename files?
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 6 May 2003, Ray Chuan wrote:
> I have a folder with pictures and text files. How do I rename all the
> *.jpegs and *.docs as, say, yahoo1, yahoo2, yahoo3...
This is a non-Cygwin specific shell programming question, and thus is
off-topic for this list.
P.S. Hint: "info bash", and look at the "Looping constructs" and "Shell
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
-- Leto II
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html