This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Missing stuff in netdb.h
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Joshua Kwan <joshk at triplehelix dot org>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 22:28:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Missing stuff in netdb.h
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, 11 May 2003, Joshua Kwan wrote:
> Hi all,
> I got this nasty error trying to port ircd-hybrid to Cygwin:
> irc_getnameinfo.c:225: `EAI_SYSTEM' undeclared (first use in this
> make: *** [irc_getnameinfo.o] Error 1
> I #defined it to -11 which seems to be standard, but do you people plan
> to rectify this in netdb.h?
FYI, this doesn't seem standard at all:
- The Single Unix Specification that Cygwin follows makes no mention of it
- The following comment from the Python source makes me think it's
/* EAI_SYSTEM is not available on Windows XP. */
if (error == EAI_SYSTEM)
- This may be related to a bug reported here:
- The value of -11 is most likely bogus, as, for example,
/usr/include/w32api/ws2tcpip.h defines EAI_NODATA as WSANO_DATA, which
has a value somewhere in the 11000 range.
All of the above should be taken with a grain of salt, since I know next
to nothing about address resolution calls, but should serve as starting
points. Most of them were matches from a google search for EAI_SYSTEM.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
-- Leto II
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html