This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: case sensitivity and filenames
- From: Lester Ingber <ingber at ingber dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 08:53:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: case sensitivity and filenames
- Reply-to: Lester Ingber <ingber at ingber dot com>
I keep seeing postings from experienced Cygwin developers that it is a
nightmare to consider adding full case sensitivity to Cygwin.
I also have Interix on my system, a (failed?) Microsoft attempt
to introduce a gnu-based unix shell. Albeit is has limited tools,
in fact it looks to me that it *does* respect true case sensitivity.
For example, I have untarred directories that contain files/directories
differing only by the case of the names, etc.
If so, then why can't Interix provide a template for this feature?
Prof. Lester Ingber email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html