This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Help cross compiling for MingW32 standalone executables.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 21:50:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: Help cross compiling for MingW32 standalone executables.
- References: <Pine.GSO.4.44.0305151349550.21369-100000@eos>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 02:00:26PM -0500, Brian Ford wrote:
>On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 14:49:18PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> I maintain binutils. I know what the problem is. If 'gcc -mno-cygwin'
>> could be made to never search /usr/lib that would solve many -mno-cygwin
>I am probably overlooking a lot here, but it seems to me that if you add
>the equivalent of:
>to the -mno-cygwin linker specs in gcc, you would get what you want. If
>you want me to work up a patch, I'll give it a try.
As a matter of fact, yes it would probably work. That shows me that I should
recheck things before I make definitive statements. I didn't know that ld took
a -nostdlib. It's a relatively recent addition but it is not *that* recent.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html