This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: telnet/ftp not working
- From: "Martin Gainty" <mgainty at hotmail dot com>
- To: <kumarchi at attbi dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 20:30:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: telnet/ftp not working
- References: <MC2-F36OJiPmjMMY0Y4000de51b@mc2-f36.law16.hotmail.com>
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 7:57 PM
Subject: telnet/ftp not working
> after installing 126.96.36.199 the telnet in one of my computers is no longer
> as soon as a host connects to it it closes the connection. I see the
> event log
> The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( inetd ) cannot be found.
> local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
> files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use
> the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support
> details. The following information is part of the event: inetd : PID 1116
> uucp/tcp: No such user 'uucp', service ignored.
> any idea how to get the inetd services working properly again?
What is the Telnet entry in Services?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html