This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Emacs M-x gdb does not correlate CYGWIN symlinks to sourcefiles
- From: letters at hotpop dot com
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 22:36:30 +0300
- Subject: Re: Emacs M-x gdb does not correlate CYGWIN symlinks to sourcefiles
- Keywords: gnu,emacs
- References: <49256CEE.0027961F.firstname.lastname@example.org><3E787F0B.email@example.com>
* Wed 2003-03-19 Joe Buehler <firstname.lastname@example.org> list.cygwin
| Keith M.Knowles wrote:
| > I would appreciate any/all advice, and am specifically interested in a)
| > ideas to pursue for a
| > work-around!!, b) whether this is thought to be an Emacs/Gnu/Cygwin-symlink
| > difficulty
| > that might be worth rectifying in the future?
| This is probably a Cygwinism that is not supported in the current GNU emacs
| port. I would pursue figuring out how to make gdb find your real
| source files, it should be doable. You could also use something besides
| symlinks -- perhaps use rsync to *copy* the files into your build area.
There is better way to add upport to NT Emacs, See this post
It's a package w32-symlinks.el by Francis J. Wright
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html