This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Implicit dependency on the existence of /bin/ in make 3.79.1-7 - possible bug
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 13:38:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: Implicit dependency on the existence of /bin/ in make 3.79.1-7 - possible bug
- References: <E19IWL1-00025Yfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 05:21:11PM +0100, Paul Connell wrote:
>Workarounds are to set the environment variable MAKE_MODE=unix or to
>the --unix option to your make command line.
>The MAKE_MODE workaround is perfectly acceptable, in my opinion.
>However, there is still a bug that causes that workaround to not work.
Yep, that's a bug.
So the workaround is to add --unix to your make line or create a .bat
or shell wraper to do that for you.
I'll fix the make sources but I can't make any guarantees on when it
will be released. When it is released it will be version 3.80.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html