This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Proftpd on non NT systems ?
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: Sylvain Petreolle <spetreolle at yahoo dot fr>
- Cc: Hughlander <hughlander2000 at yahoo dot fr>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 16:41:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: Proftpd on non NT systems ?
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 06:37:29PM +0200, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> I would have it running on our Windows Millenium server.
> Currently it doesnt start, saying :
> Sylvain@ordi /usr/doc/proftpd-20030513
> $ /usr/sbin/proftpd.exe --nodaemon
> ordi - unable to set uid to 18, current uid: 500
What happens if you change the following /etc/proftpd.conf lines?
User <insert your user name here>
Group <insert your group name here>
Note that I don't have access to 9x/Me, so someone who does is going to
have to debug this if the above doesn't work.
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html