This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Breaking into a program before the main function
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-rcm at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 21:58:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: Breaking into a program before the main function
- References: <3ED80B78.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 06:55:04PM -0700, Tron Thomas wrote:
>I am writing a Win32 application using the Cygwin development tools. I
>have a problem in that the program dies immediately when I try to run
>it. I've tried debugging the program using GDB. I set a breakpoint at
>the beginning of the main function (WinMain). The program exits with a
>return code of 0x1 before it even hits the breakpoint. I have no idea
>where to set a breakpoint so I can figure out what is going on.
>Is there any way I can cause GDB to break into the program immediately
>when it start or right before it exits?
How about setting a breakpoint on _exit or exit?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html