This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: CYGWIN enviroment conflicts with autoconf configure scripts
- From: Assar Westerlund <assar at kth dot se>
- To: Wayne Scott <wscott at bitmover dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, autoconf at gnu dot org
- Date: 02 Jun 2003 13:38:05 -0400
- Subject: Re: CYGWIN enviroment conflicts with autoconf configure scripts
- References: <email@example.com>
Wayne Scott <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Unfortunately it is also used as a temporary variable in the autoconf
> script and so as soon as configure resets the CYGWIN variable, it was
> unable to run 'gcc' anymore.
It's only set by the (now obsolete) AC_CYGWIN macro.
> Autoconf needs to be changes to not trash the CYGWIN variable when
> running it's tests. And Cygwin developers need to beware of this
> problem when trying to build programs.
> autoconf v2.13
You need to update autoconf and migrate away from obsolete macros.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html