This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Slight patch for Cron
- From: "Hannu E K Nevalainen \(garbage mail\)" <garbage_collector at telia dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:33:48 +0200
- Subject: RE: Slight patch for Cron
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com]On Behalf
> Of Ronald Landheer-Cieslak
> I've "developed" an insignificant patch to cron (attached) that
> makes cron detach from the console before forking out (under Cygwin only).
> The patch is against the current release's source and WFM.
Please, next time make the filename extension be *-patch.txt or some such.
1) *.patch is bound to Corel Draw/Photopaint on my system.
2) Outlook 2000 (V9.0.*) seems to have problems with this particular
- It does show up under the paper-clip symbol,
- but not when trying to "save attachments"
- nor is it visible under "view attachments".
Sigh, I don't like this. Anyone heard about MS implementing viruses against
free software lately ;-P ?
> In fact, my "problem" was that when starting cron from the "startup
> programs", a console window stuck around. This fixes that.
Hmm... I have the same(?) problem with bash on W98SE.
Might it be that this could be applied to bash too?
I wish to use the elegant(!? ;-)
bash -c 'rxvt -e /bin/bash --login -i &'
This works nicely under W2K, but leaves a command.com-window hanging around
when used under W98SE.
I've been playing with "$ disown -h" to make it work under W98SE, but "no
go" yet - available play-time beeing sparse too.
/Hannu E K Nevalainen, Mariefred, Sweden, 59~14'N, 17~12'E. >17~C avg/d now.
~ <=> degree
--END OF MESSAGE--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html