This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
rsh to start background job on remote machine
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 11:19:15 -0400
- Subject: rsh to start background job on remote machine
- Organization: Spirent Communications, Inc.
- Reply-to: jbuehler at hekimian dot com
Can someone tell me how to start a background job on a Cygwin machine
I cannot figure out how to get the job to detach -- the rsh always waits
for the job to finish, which is not what I want. I just want to fire up
a command on a remote machine and forget about it.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html