Cygwin rsh/socket bug?

I cannot figure out how to get the job to detach -- the rsh always waits
for the job to finish, which is not what I want.  I just want to fire up
a command on a remote machine and forget about it.

E.g., the following hangs:

rsh cygwin-machine 'some_command </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1 &'

(If I got something slightly wrong there, keep in mind that it's an
example so you can see what I mean -- I am actually using a script that I
have used for years on UNIX machines.)

I got this to work properly by wrapping the remote command with a PERL script
that invokes shutdown() on STDIN, STDOUT and STDERR and then close().

I assume this is some kind of bug in Cygwin or in.rshd -- all I have to
do on UNIX machines is close() on the same descriptors and the rsh client
disconnects as desired.
--
Joe Buehler