This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: .dll and .lib files
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: pgarceau at attbi dot com
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 22:05:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: .dll and .lib files
- References: <3EE4C8F1.12653.7D4D23@localhost>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Is there a reason to respond to a posting with guesses?
Paul G. wrote:
Just a guess...
You can't build MS .lib files using Cygwin utilities. You can link older .lib files using, at the very least, -mno-cygwin
switch. Again, this is just a guess.
As to .dlls, again, just a guess, you can build as many of those as you want, but they will not be the same sort of
.dlls that MSVS generates.
Also, again, another guess, you can link MS .dlls without problems. You may be required, however, to use the -
mno-cygwin. Again, it is just a guess.
I'm trying to build a .dll and .lib file in cygwin,
so I can compile and build them in DOS later. Does
anyone know how to do this? Thank you so much for
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html