Re: Vim and the navigating with arrow keys

Well Randy, you were partially right (you may indeed be fully right, and me
"fully" wrong). I had set up my profile ages ago when my cygwin know-how
was much less than the little I know now. So somehow I ended up with
TERM=rxvt. I changed it to TERM=cygwin and indeed, the arrow keys are back.
However, I do take issue with your "practically flawless" line - for I
still have the need to do CTRL-L refreshes with small files. Example:

Simple text file with the following text:

cygrunsrv -E cron

Open in Vim, and do nothing but touch the L (lower case of course) key and
navigate to the end of the line. The following text is the result:

ccygrunsrv -E cro

Of course a simple CTRL-L (lower case L) fixes this.

I get the same result with the arrow keys.

This is nothing new to me, and I've been living with it as long as I've used
cygwin and vim together.
The behavior occurs when navigating the first few lines of a large file, or
any line of a file small enough to fit completely on the screen.

None of this is crippling and if there is some setting I can change to correct
it, it would be "nice".

I thank you sir for pointing out my incorrect TERM setting. Since I'm not
qualified to give you a gold star, I'll simply pledge my "support" give you
my promise
to cast a ballot for you if a "gold star" referendum were ever held. ( hmmm, I
can't remember if I'm registered to vote! )

Brian Kelly

"Randall R Schulz" <rschulz@sonic.net>@cygwin.com on 06/10/2003 09:41:59 AM

Sent by:    cygwin-owner@cygwin.com