This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: The other side of bell-style
- From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz at sonic dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:54:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: The other side of bell-style
Cygwin was changed to use the system beep as of Cygwin version 1.3.21:
Changes since 1.3.20-1:
- Use MessageBeep for cygwin "bell". (Vaclav Haisman)
So just update your Cygwin and you'll get what you want.
At 09:39 2003-06-13, Michael T. Davis wrote:
Looking through the archives and searching the 'net, it looks like
most people want to disable the bell in CYGWIN. In my case, I find the
bell coming through my PC's speaker annoying, but only because it's not
coming out of my audio card. I would prefer to be able to have the beep
passed through my audio card and, ideally, allow the selection of what
sound file (e.g. .WAV) would be played. ...Possible?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html