RE: cygwin autoconf produces configure scripts with CR/LF

The CR/LF might be due to the recent perl/PERLIO problems. Indeed, reading
your cygcheck, you have perl 5.8.0-2 which exhibits this.

Try setting PERLIO=stdio
If that doesn't work you could try reverting to an earlier version of perl.

Search the archives for 'PERLIO' for more information.
Also try 'perldoc perlio' for information on perlio.

Dave